Connecting Veterans with Training, Supportive Services and High-Demand Occupations
The Arkansas Veterans Education and Training Partnership (AVETP) is a comprehensive program designed to provide Veterans with increased opportunities for assessment, training, supportive services, employment, and retained employment in Arkansas.
Specifically, the Arkansas Veterans Education and Training Partnership (AVETP) project will provide resources to a minimum of 450 Veteran participants entered into training programs for targeted renewable and energy efficiency industries, healthcare professions, and other high-demand occupations in Arkansas.
The term “Veteran” means an individual who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable [WIA 101(49)].
The Veteran must meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Veterans with service-connected disabilities;
- Veterans who have significant barriers to employment;
- Veterans who served on active duty in the armed forces during a war or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; and/or
- Veterans who have been recently separated (those within 48 months of discharge).
An Individualized Employment Plan is developed with each Veteran participant that will provide them with a clear series of specific action steps they should undertake to obtain industry-recognized occupational credentials and certifications to gain successful employment. The Case Manager serves as a support partner for the Veteran throughout project participation and will connect them with services needed to overcome obstacles to success.
- Up to $500 for supportive services is available to Veterans, based upon need, to assist with costs such as childcare, transportation, and other barriers to training completion.
The AVETP will connect Veteran participants with industry recognized certifications and training through the 22 Two-Year Colleges of Arkansas represented by the Arkansas Association of Two-Year Colleges (AATYC) and the Arkansas Apprenticeship Coalition (AAC).
- Up to $1,000 in tuition assistance is available through the program to assist with training costs for eligible Veterans.
Job Placement & Retention
The AVETP will assist Veteran participants who have completed training with applying for specific job openings, developing a resume and preparing for interviews. Individualized support is provided to enable participants to successfully find and maintain employment.
AVETP services are provided through a partnership between ARVets and:
For more information, contact an ARVets case manager or call (501) 246-5341.